Insulin is a hormone which is produced by the pancreas to help glucose to convert into energy. Insulin resistance is when glucose does not enter the cells to form energy. When the glucose does not enter the cell again pancreas start to produce insulin, due to which the volume of insulin and glucose increase in the blood causing insulin resistance which later causes type 2 diabetes in human.
It is also called as insulin resistance syndrome, insulin resistance causes many problems like obesity, type2 diabetes, high bp and cholesterol. Obesity in humans is one of the most common reasons for diabetes. People with obesity have a high risk of type2 diabetes.
What are insulin resistance symptoms?
Insulin resistance is the condition in which the patients do not come to know if they have insulin resistance or not until they do not consult a doctor or have blood checkups. But sometimes when the blood sugar level goes beyond the normal limit in that situation you may feel blur vision, frequent urination, body pain and a change in blood pressure etc.
What are some signs of insulin resistance?
- There could be some signs and symptoms which you should keep in mind if you feel insulin resistance in your body.
- Patches on skin
- change in cholesterol
- Fasting glucose level over 100mg/dl
- High blood pressure
- More than 40 waistlines
What causes insulin resistance?
There are many conditions which could lead to insulin resistance Insulin resistance is most found in overweight people. After an average age when people are less active when they do not perform physical activities.
- The Obesity
- Inactive lifestyle
- Eating junk Food
- Inheritance from generation to generation
- sleep apnea
- High-Calorie diet
- Hormonal disorder
How to reverse insulin resistance?
The main cause of insulin resistance is actually not found but doctors and scientists say that accessive body fat especially belly fat and an inactive lifestyle could be the main causes of Insulin resistance.
- Insulin resistance can be reversed by doing regular physical activities
- Taking medicine on time
- Consult with a good diabetologist
- Adopting right diet
- Reducing your accessive weight
- Avoiding stress
- Taking a sound sleep
What is the right diet for insulin resistance?
If you have been suffering from Insulin resistance then firstly you should consult a diabetologist. Take the right medicine and adopt a diet plan as prescribed by a diabetologist.
Accordingly, if you are looking for an Insulin resistance diet plan and want to reverse your insulin resistance then you should be very careful about your diet
- Eat fewer carb foods
- Consume whole grains
- Eat low sugary foods
- Eat more vegetables
- Eat fruits and salad
Insulin Resistance Tests-
- Hba1c- This blood test shows the patient’s last 2-3 months of diabetic history. Doctors advise to diabetic patients to have haemoglobin A1c tests to check their diabetes status.
- Fasting Plasma Glucose Test- This diabetes test is conducted without eating any food for 8 hours to check your fasting blood sugar